Monday, January 28, 2013

Bios on the Hill

Last Thursday evening, Spencer started a 2.5 day High Adventure hike in the northern part of the island with his Boy Scouts. Knowing that Friday was going to be a long day for me, I knew we needed to have something extra fun planned. I threw out an email to friends to see if they wanted to join us at Bios on the Hill for a few hours, and luckily we got a few takers. This was our second time visiting, having been rained out the first time we were there. Thankfully, the weather was great this time around.

They have such beautiful flowers lining the main walking path.

Kid photo op: Colton, Cameron, Shawn, & Sydney

We took a goat for a brief walk- so random- then passed him off to another kid that looked like he really wanted a turn. I may or may not have inadvertently gotten him in trouble, since he was there with a school group that was apparently given instructions to NOT walk the goats without a staff member with them. Oops. 

I thought the lone goat on top of the pole was kind of hilarious.

We spent a few hundred yen to buy little cups of carrots to feed the goats. Sydney was too scared to hold the carrots up to their mouths, so she just tossed them on the ground and let the goats run after them. I was holding Shawn and a cup of carrots in one arm, and while I was feeding a goat with my other hand I heard a "crunch" in my ear. Shawn had totally grabbed a carrot from the cup and taken a bite.

Taylor, Audra, Sydney, & Sarah checking out the cute baby goats.

This time we also got to ride on a super long swing hanging from a tree- Shawn practically melted in my lap he was so content on that thing. He also loved relaxing in the hammock.




After a few fun hours playing with friends, we headed home so the Squish could take a nap. The exit route cleverly forced us to walk through a store with about a billion orchids in it. It smelled so good!

My cute kids by the beautiful orchids.

On the way home, I did my best to (safely) snap a shot of the ocean with driving home. Sometimes I am just mesmerized by the color of the water!

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Love the orchid pictures. Shawn looks so big standing by Syd.