Sunday, March 9, 2014

Valentine's Day

I'm not great at making a big deal out of little holidays, but I put together some valentines for my kids. Sydney came home from school with tons of treats from her valentine exchange at school, but didn't want to share with Shawn. I was going to save their valentines for after dinner, but I felt bad that Shawn didn't have anything. So after lunch I told them I had something special for them- a treasure hunt to find their valentines! Of course when my kids hear the words "treasure hunt," they think they need to dress up like Jake and Izzy.

Sydney and Shawn with their first heart-wrapped clue.
 After following clues that led them all over the house, they found the treasure in the dryer!


Unfortunately, things like this sometimes backfire. Like when they inhale all their treats and ask for more, then whining when I tell them "no." Oh well...

1 comment:

Tamra said...

The beloved treasure hunt--always a hit!