Kate's 2 month check-up was a nightmare, because it actually happened over the course of 3 appointments. For the first one, I was on time but the doctor was very backed up. Kate was checked in, and after the nurse put her stats into the computer she said, "Uh, I think I need to measure her again." I put her back on the table and everything was correct. She was just surprised that Kate had grown 3 inches and gained 3 pounds since her two week appointment! Chunk! After that, we waited for another 45 minutes before getting put into a room. Fifteen minutes later, I told the nurse I had to leave because I had to pick up Sydney from school (I'd forgotten my phone in the car and couldn't call a friend to get her for me).
Attempt #2 started fine… we got to see the doctor, but when we went to immunizations, they said they were out of the combo shot Kate needed. They told us one of their personnel went to get some from another clinic, so we could come back later that day or sometime early the next week, otherwise she'd have to get five shots instead of three. I opted to just wait and spare her getting poked that many times.
| I love those squishy legs too :) |
When we went in a few days later for attempt #3, I was so mad to learn that they were out of the combo shot AGAIN! And they had no idea when the next batch was coming in ("Tomorrow? Maybe next week? We just don't know.") I was livid, but I didn't want to get behind on her shot schedule either, so I was an evil mom and just went ahead and got it done. My poor sweet girl had to get 5 shots! I felt terrible! Thankfully, I think the front desk sensed my irritation and gave us a nice nurse that was incredibly kind. It was so much nicer that the 19 year old inexperienced corpsman who has no experience with babies that we usually have to work with.
Kate's stats at 2 months:
- Weight- 12 lbs. 4 oz. (84th percentile)
- Length- 24.21 inches (99th percentile)
- Head circumference- 39.5 cm (71st percentile)
We love this sweet angel baby we've been blessed with!

No comments:
Post a Comment