On May 1, Shawn and I dropped Sydney off at preschool and then headed home to put him down for a nap. As I was getting him out of the car, my neighbor Meredith yelled to me, "Suzy, look at the sun!" I looked up and was totally amazed at the sky.
I wouldn't have even noticed if Meredith hadn't told me to look up! She informed me that it was called a 22 degree halo, and the Internet said it could be seen up to 100 days per year. Of course it looked way cooler in person since the picture can't do justice to how big the halo really was. I immediately called Spencer and asked him if he could easily get outside to look at the sun. He was on his lunch break at Subway, so he ran out and checked out the sky. Then I could hear him telling random people out there, "Hey, look at the sun." Pretty random, but cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment