We were so excited that Grandma B. was able to come visit us again. The kids were eagerly anticipating her arrival... and unfortunately got hand, foot, and mouth disease just days before her arrival. Shawn's case was more mild, with sores on his feet, hands, and bum, but Syd had it way worse, even getting sores on her face. The first night she cried and thrashed in bed all night because her feet were so itchy! When she was still having a hard time the night that Barbara was flying in, I asked Spencer to give her a blessing. Within 45 minutes she was calm and asleep, and she didn't have a problem with her feet again after that. Whew! What a blessing that was, because it also freed me up to do some cleaning before Barbara got here.
Her first real day here we ditched church since our kids were diseased, and Grandma B. kept them entertained all morning with crafts and new toys. Spencer and I were both like, "Hey, this is pretty sweet to not have to entertain our kids all the time!"
After dinner we went for a walk on the sea wall.
 |
| My kids are so photogenic :) |
Someone (ahem, Sydney) had to pee mid walk, and I couldn't find a bathroom, so we walked down the stairs toward the ocean and she peed in the corner. We like to keep things classy like that.
 |
| Feeling much better. |
Everyone came down to join us. While I searched for shells and sea glass, Spencer and the kids were entertained by skipping/throwing rocks and coral in the water.
 |
| Grandma B. & Sydney |
 |
| Ahh, I love how the beach offers fun for everyone! |
No comments:
Post a Comment