Saturday, December 14, 2013

Free Entertainment

The week before Spencer left for Mongolia, Shawn started refusing to nap in his crib. He would be totally asleep in my arms and I'd lower him into his crib, then he was wake up wide eyed and just start screaming and grabbing for me. For a few days I tried to just let him cry it out, but that turned out to be miserable. My new napping solution was to just give him his binky and blanket and let him lay on the couch with Sydney while she watched a quiet time shows, hoping that he would fall asleep. 

On one such lucky day (i.e. when he actually fell asleep), I had lots to do and needed something to keep Sydney busy after quiet time. The answer: an empty box. We decided to decorate it like a car, and for a solid week Sydney spent time coloring, taping, and driving that car. And of course filling it with one million toys when going on said drives.

Although it was rare, sometimes she let Shawn go for a ride with her. I snapped a few pictures of them looking cute while enjoying a snack together in her car.

Saying "cheese," which never seems to prompt actual smiles from Shawn.
Their "deer in headlights" look.
Just being silly.

No comments: