Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had a great Halloween this year. The whole pumpkin buying thing almost didn't happen, as our commissary seemed to run out of them really quickly. Then they got another shipment just a few days before Halloween (phew!), so I was able to pick up a few for the kids to carve.

Sydney cleaned out her whole pumpkin by herself!
Shawn got about 5 seeds out of his, then I did the rest. He did, however, enjoy eating the seeds that Daddy cooked.
Our pumpkins were cleaned and carved 4 days before Halloween, and I left them inside on our washer to keep them from getting moldy outside. FAIL!! They were totally moldy inside and had spots of rot on them before they even made it out to the porch. Sick! That being said, I stuck candles in them and lit them anyway.

Getting ready to trick-or-treat!
Shawn was Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Sydney chose to be Belle for the 2nd year in a row.
Sydney made sure to throw out an, "I sure love Starbursts," every time she saw them offered in someone's candy bowl. She ended up with about a million. Shortly into our trick-or-treating, Shawn got a big sucker in his bag. After that he could have cared less about knocking on more doors, he just kept asking if he could eat it. About 45 minutes later, it started pouring outside. While some of the adults in our group of neighbors were wearing rain gear, none of the kids were. We all got soaked making our way back up the hill! We enjoyed sneaking all of the good candy out of their treat buckets after they went to bed :)

No comments: