During our final week in Okinawa, we had a list of several things we wanted to do one last time. For the kids, going to eat udon at Marugame was at the top of the list.
For Spencer and I, it included one final trip to pick up delicious food from Som Chai. We also go to do one last big get together with our awesome friends who were our Okinawa family. I still can't believe we got a second chance to live by all these fun people... on the other side of the earth!
| We all went to Thailand together, then bonded more as we each had babies within just a few months of each other over the next year. |
We made one last visit to Cokok's to get our toenails done. We invited our neighbors Hailey, Maddie, and Meredith to join us.
I was excited to leave the island with pretty toes since I knew the design would last for at least a month. Syd's, however, were ruined within days.
We also had one last get together with sisters from church, hosted by the amazing Jihyun Knudsen. After Kate was born, she would pick up my kids along with other kids in the ward and take them to do fun things, like go to the beach or the park. Sydney and Shawn loved her, and I did too! She was the kind of lady I hope to be like!
| Olivia & Sydney |
This little brunch was especially fun because I found out two of my friends were pregnant, one of whom was Olivia's mom, Heather, who I visit taught. She and her husband had struggled with infertility for years, and they ended up adopting three kiddos. When she told me about her surprise, I wanted to scream out loud but had to keep the secret under wraps! And she still managed to come to the get together with several loaves of fresh baked bread because she knew how much we loved it. Man, I was spoiled to be around such great women.
No comments:
Post a Comment