Sydney's ballet recital was scheduled to take place the day after we were PCSing. When I told her teacher she wouldn't be there for it, she said Sydney could still participate in the dress rehearsal. I was glad because it meant she'd still get the experience of doing the performance and we'd get to see/video her dancing in a cute little ballet costume. So I paid $20 for the costume and another $10 for some tights. And then we got the costume, and I was surprised at how scandalous it was! An itty bitty baby doll halter top that we had to tie super tight around her next because the neckline practically plunged to her belly button.
The dress rehearsal was pretty informal, and it wasn't even up on the stage. There wasn't really a great place to stand to take a video, so Spencer got some fairly lame footage from the sidelines. When I tried to take a picture of Sydney after the performance, she was mad and didn't want me to because her dress was immodest.
I was able to get one eventually because Miley, her best bud from preschool, was also there for the dress rehearsal and Syd was happy to get a picture taken with her friend.
As she was changing out of her costume, Syd was being so negative (e.g. "I hate this costume! I don't even like ballet and I never wanna do it again!"). I felt like she was so ungrateful for everything it took to make this whole thing happen- weeks of lugging everyone to and from ballet, time, money, etc., and it made me so mad! What a waste!

1 comment:
On the positive things learned- and probably the most important- is that she is aware of immodest dress and feels uncomfortable in it. That's a good thing!She will choose the right because of this experience. Love that darling girl!
Post a Comment