Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunflower Festival

I spent the rest of the week after we got home in "vacation recovery" mode, doing lots of laundry and cleaning. By Saturday I was itchin' to do something different, and the nearby Sunflower Festival was the perfect venue. Spencer and Sydney weren't too excited about it, so it ended up being a mommy-son date.


It was a quick visit, but Shawn had fun running around and I enjoyed looking at the flowers. After a quick trip to the BX afterwards, I looked down and noticed that the necklace I had been wearing- one of my new ones from Thailand- was gone! So, a few days later our whole family went back to try to recover it, but to no avail. Too bad too, it was a cute one. But on the upside, the owner of the sunflower field was cutting flowers and gave us a huge bunch!


And then I left them in the back of the van and totally forgot about them. They were cooked and totally wilted when I got them out a few days later. Oops.

No comments: