When Valentine's Day came, we were still in "vacation recovery" mode and therefore didn't do much to prep for the holiday. The night before I pretty much just found a bunch of pink stuff I had around our house to do some festive decorations, then pulled out the kids' mailboxes from previous years. Since I hadn't really bought any Valentine's goodies, I just put lame stuff inside... a pink ballon, a sucker, and a bird whistle. Lucky for me, they are still little and even thought that was pretty cool.
| I must have done something to make Sydney mad, because she refused to let me take her picture. |
I attempted to make pink heart pancakes, but they ended up being a little more dense than they were supposed to. It ended up just being easier to make a heart in the middle of them with a cookie cutter. We also plopped some (Pinterest inspired) pink heart milk cubes into our milk, a touch that only I appreciated.
| Shawn didn't seem to mind my "less yummy" version. |
It was just enough to set the day apart. Sydney had preschool that afternoon and love, love, loved the whole Valentine exchange process. And since the new thing is for Valentine's cards to come with temporary tattoos, she pretty much went to bed that night with tattoo sleeves on her arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment