We spent our second day in our beloved Okuma. It was really sad to go to this beautiful place for the last time. We had lunch at one of Spencer's favorite restaurants near the resort. It has some special kind of pork mixed with veggies. He's always more adventurous when it comes to food. If I don't know what I'm ordering, I stick with the "safe" items (i.e. curry or taco rice) on Japanese menus.
| Spencer with our little Okinawan baby, who will sadly have no memory of her awesome birth place. |
Then a kind Okinawan man offered to take a family picture for us, so I handed over my camera.
What happened next was so typical of Okinawa: he and his wife were admiring our little Kate, and somehow that led to a baby handoff and ended up with his wife taking pictures of him with our baby. If this happened in the US I would have died, but in Japan it just isn't that unusual or creepy.
Back at the resort, we rented a buggy and took the kids for a spin. We had a favorite hill that we liked to go down really fast. The kids always love putting their hands up like they're on a roller coaster.
Although it was too chilly for our baby girl to swim, I wanted to get a picture of her "in" the ocean. I just barely put her little toes in the water. She was fine with it until...
a wave came in. Then she screamed her little head off. Apparently it was a bit to cold for her!
We walked down the beach over to a little hut where our kids like to play. Shawn had somehow gotten ahold of Kate's sunhat and was being a ham.
It was getting windy and I tried to keep my baby girl warm with my cardigan!
Then we headed back to our room, and Spencer and the kids played ball while I took pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment