Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Northern Okinawa, Day 3

We awoke on our last day at Okuma to a beautiful morning! Just outside the resort restaurant, we got lots of family pics in front of that amazing blue-green water.


We snuck in a competitive game of putt-putt. Spencer had immaculate form.


Even Sydney attempted to actually hit the ball with her club, but Shawn got tired of that pretty quickly.


Angel baby Kate was in her stroller and started falling asleep while we played. She sure loves that little thumb!


 One new thing that was on our to-visit list was Yanbaru toy museum. We had to drive up a steep mountain on a skinny road, which was slightly terrifying. But thankfully the museum was well worth the trip! Everything in it was made from trees, and it kept our kids (and us!) entertained for several hours. And what was even better, we had the entire place to ourselves for a majority of our visit. We could have easily stayed longer than we did, but we had other spots we needed to hit.


For dinner, we went a very hyped-up restaurant called Pizza in the Sky. It was a little bit off the beaten path, and we wondered how people found this place and spread the word that it was good. We thought the pizza was just ok, but situated up high on a hilltop, the restaurant had the most amazing view of the ocean.


When I was taking pictures of Spencer and the kids, Shawn started being super crazy:


Spencer and I were cracking up!

I love it when she gets this super serious look on her face.
Our last stop was the Nakijin Castle ruins. We'd passed signs for them every time we went to Mt. Yaedake to see the cherry blossoms, and every time we drove to Okuma. I just love seeing these incredibly ancient structures, and they are usually situated in places with awesome scenery.


This place had tons of steps! There's a cherry blossom festival here every year as well, and the trees line the main pathway.


The view was amazing, but I could only imagine how spectacular it would look on a sunny day!


We ran into a few royals on our way out. I thought they looked surprisingly familiar:

No comments: